Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Toddler Bed!


Here's how we have the bed situation in Mary's room. Now she's been having sleeping problems forever
. (As most everyone knows.) And she still doesn't sleep through the night. We've done everything, but this might work. We switched her to the toddler bed that the crib can turn into. But, it's a little high for her to get in and out of so we put the mattress on the ground. We're going to take out the springs so the mattress can actually go into the bed frame.

Then when she cries in the middle of the night I go in and lay down on the floor next to her bed and she goes to sleep. It's actually amazing because she gives me a hug and then lays down in bed on her own and lays quietly until she falls asleep. So I'm hoping that I can lay further and further from the bed until she doesn't need me in the room anymore. I think it's working.

And soon we'll have another one so we are going to need to buy Mary a bed. We have a few months before we have to make the switch but we still have to decide between a bunk bed and a little toddler bed. And we're definitely going to IKEA though. :)

No comments: