Thursday, January 29, 2009

It's a New Car!


So our poor Toyota is dying. It's a 2002 Toyota Camry with about 130,000 miles on it and it needs a new transmission and intake manifold. We just put a new carburetor in it and new tires. It's sort of a money pit. 

I was driving along a main road and the car stopped in the middle of the street. The engine was on and vroom vroom but no go. It was like the car was in 
neutral. I had Mary with me and I finally got the car to a side road. I called AAA and Enterprise rent a car, and then went home. 

We're still discussing whether we should buy a new or used car and what kind of deals are out there right now. Rich wanted to fix the Camry and drive that, but I'm thinking it's a money pit. And it'll always be in the shop. I wanted a more reliable car.


So if we get a more reliable car then rich says he likes minivans. I wanted an SUV. But I did see this new minivan from VW. I like VW. I might go for this one. Or an SUV from like Hyundai or something.

So it'll be my job to test drive cars and narrow them down and then Rich has drive it to make sure he fits. When we figure it out we'll let you know. Good luck I say!

1 comment:

Jeff said...

We've been looking at a lot of cars recently too. We are thinking about getting a Saturn Vue, or some other SUV that isn't too big.